Ivan Arias is graduated as Slavic philologist by the Barcelona´s University (1996-2000), where he studied latin, ancient slavian language, ancient greek, modern greek, English, French and Russian. A Diploma of high level of Russian language was given to him by the State School of Languages in 2000 after passing all the exams. Ivan has a Master in Audiovisual Translation (2012).
On the professional side, Ivan has worked on a lot of national and international projects, developed in Spain, Russia (1997-1999), France (2006-2007) and the Czech Republic (2008-2011). All of these projects are related to the management of ground operations (aviation sector), to market research studies (quality analysis) and to translations on a high level. Among others, Ivan has worked for companies such like CSA Czech Airlines, Ceske Televize, PGA Portugalia, Air Europa, Alitalia, Belavia, Ukraine International Airlines, SkyUp Airlines, Bees Airlines, ITLV Laintex Veterani, International Amnesty, for some Russian air carriers, with the Catalan Health Service, in the Ministry of Justice of the Government of Catalonia, SGS, Metracheck, International House and HP (Hewlett Packard).
- Simultaneous Conference Interpreter: RU/EN/FR > ES/CA, ES<>CA and ES/CA>RU/FR/EN
- RSI - Remote Simultaneous Interpreter (using a great deal of existing platforms)
- Consecutive Interpreter: RU/EN/FR/CZ > ES/CA, ES<>CA and ES/CA>RU/FR/EN/CZ
- OPI - Over the Phone Consecutive Interpreter
- Written Translations / Audiovisual / edition and proofreading : All the combinations.
- Learning of foreign languages: Russian and Spanish for foreigners.
During the 2022, he has been cooperating with the International Committee of the Red Cross acting as Russian interpreter in the conflict zone in Donetsk.
Until August 2023, he has been cooperating with the International Committee of the Red Cross as a Russian and Ukrainian interpreter in Odesa (Ukraine).